Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Front Stoop Update

I really wanted to update my front stoop from old dirty brass fixtures.  They were looking a little shabby, plus  you can hardly see the gold address numbers against the tan house!  I priced out a new light, a new mailbox and new house numbers and if I got the lowest end stuff, it would cost a minimum of $50.


Well if I'm spending money on it, I would want to get exactly what I want, right??  That would be more like $120.  Boo.  (As in Boo-hoo, not Boo! like my Halloween decor suggests.)

So, instead I bought a can of black semi-gloss spray-paint for $3.50 and got to work.  I could just buy a light later and save some bucks.

I removed the mailbox and house numbers and painted them with two coats of paint.  Once I put them back up, I wasn't satisfied because the light still looked like junk-ola.  I'm not interested in messing around with electricity (although I have installed a ceiling fan before - Bravo).

I removed the lower portion and unscrewed the fixture and placed a plastic bag around it.  Painted that with a couple of coats as well - being very careful to NOT spray my siding!!


Once back together, I thought it looked nice and fresh!  You can definitely see the address numbers now!  What do you think?!



No comments: